These are the components of Intelligence lock, made from Metal Injection Molding (MIM) process with Fe8NiMo50C. And the components did with heat treatment to ensure they can have good mechanical strength, high hardness and good wear resistance.
• Application Filed: Industrial
• Molded material: Fe8NiMo50C
• Post-sintering operations: Grinding, Heat treatment, CNC machining.
• Machining accuracy: ±0.1% to ±0.3%
• Surface Roughness: 0.8μm
• Salt spray test: ≥24hrs
• Density of heat treatment condition: ≥7.70g/cm3
• Yield strength of heat treatment condition: ≥1200MPa
• Ultimate tensile strength of heat treatment condition: ≥1400MPa
• Sspecific elongation of heat treatment condition: ≥2%
• Hardness of heat treatment condition: ≥650HV
With the rapid development and explosive growth of the intelligent door lock industry, the demand for intelligent door lock components with precision, high strength and complex shape is also increasing. Yihao metal has participated in the development of various smart door lock components and provided customers with high-quality products and services.
Metal injection molding (MIM) offers a manufacturing capability for producing complex shapes in large quantities. The process utilizes fine metal powders (typically less than 20 micrometers) which are custom formulated with a binder (various thermoplastics, waxes, and other materials) into a feedstock which is granulated and then fed into a cavity (or multiple cavities) of a conventional injection molding machine. After the “green” component is removed, most of the binder is extracted by thermal or solvent processing and the rest is removed as the component is sintered (solid-state diffused) in a controlled-atmosphere furnace.
The advantages of the metal injection molding process lie in its capability to produce mechanical properties nearly equivalent to wrought materials, while being a net-shape process technology with good dimensional tolerance control. Metal injection molded parts offer a nearly unlimited shape and geometric-feature capability, with high production rates possible through the use of multi-cavity tooling.